[MUST READ] Agony of an Orphan (episode 1)



AGONY OF AN ORPHAN
Episode 1
7:00am in the morning
On my bed, i was sleeping, then i heard a voice calling me outside, yes i knew it, it's papa.
papa: chuckwuemeka! chuckwuemeka!!
me: yes papa, am here!
papa: you are a foolish boy, is this the time your mates are waking up? **i checked the wrist watch uncle Emeka gave me, it's 7:05am, chai, i don sleep past**
me: am sorry, papa forgive me..
papa: sorry for yourself, carry this pot, go and fetch water for me..
me: okay papa!
i hurriedly took the pot, and head straight to the river, on my way to the river i started thinking about my life.
**flashback**
My name is chuckwuemeka, i am 19 years of age, i graduated from secondary school three years ago, that was when i was 16, i am a very brilliant boy, i lived happily with my parent, well i have a sister named Ijeoma, she is 12 years of age, our family has always been the happiest family in the village, until that day, some hoodlums came into our house, i was unable to see their face because they wore masks, they shot my parent, since that time my sister and i became an orphan, our father's younger brother took us with him, that's how we started calling him papa, uncle kenneth is a mean man, he is always finding ways to insult Ijeomah and i, calling us all sort of names, and he's treating us like slaves, yesterday, i worked at his farm, 6:00am to 8:00pm, that's why i woke up late today.
**main story continues**
I got to the river, i met Adaobi, she's the most preetiest girl in the village, everybody is kind of lust with her, and so am i, but she's rude, proud and arrogant, she's always mocking me
me: good morning, Adaobi
Adaobi: good morning, orphan
me: but, Adaobi, what wrong have i done to you?
adaobi: i don't have time for you, **she walked away**
me: which kind of life this? why is my life like this?
i fetched water, head back to the village, some few metres away, i heard Ijeoma crying, my sister, i dont play with my sister, my parent hand her over to me shortly before their death.
me: ijeoma! why are you crying?
ijeoma: **sobbing** papa ordered me to carry this log of wood, it's very big, i can't carry it, and papa will beat me.
me: stop crying, let's go, i will come and carry it
ijeoma: brother, are you sure?
me: yes i will!!

we went home together, on getting home, we met papa.
papa: ijeoma, where is the log of wood i told you to carry?
me: papa, that log of wood is too big for her, i will go and carry it.
papa: ijeoma, go and carry it now!!
me: papa, i say that log of wood is too big for her, i met her crying
papa: that's none of my business, go and carry that log of wood now, ijeoma!
ijeoma: let me go and carry it brother, **crying**
me: ijeoma, you are not going anywhere, i already told papa, i will carry it, then if he doesn't want me, he can just go and carry it himself
papa: wow, you now have guts to talk back at me 
me: papa, its not like am talking back at you, but what you are doing is unfair
papa: even my children cannot talk back at me, you are an ungrateful wretched orphan
me: papa, that's not being ungrateful, you are a cruel man

he went inside, some minutes later, he came back throwing our luggages at us
papa:those are you luggages, i dont want to see you in my house again
me: that's cool, after serving you for good 4 years, thanks for throwing us out of your house.
we took our luggages and head to God knows where
**to be continued**

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post